Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Summer musings and remembrances

Fish in the water, jumping. The ping, splish sound.

Lawn mowers.

Sprinklers

Honeysuckles flowers

Crickets

Warm tar on bare feet.

Water logged ears, goose bumps … hugging my towel after swim team practice.

Chlorine in my eyes, water in my ears.

Fireflies.

Riding my bike from the cul-de-sac down the hill to the end of the block.

Oolie goolie land.

Playing kick the can at night.

Tents in the backyard.

Lying on the grass, looking at the moon.

Steamed crabs and block parties.

Sparklers.

Rolling in waves, sand stuck in my bathing suit.

Peeling the skin from my sunburnt nose.

Digging my toe into sand looking for the slick grey slimy discs of sandollars.

Frogs.

Flav-o-ice popsicles.

Ice cream truck tunes.

Evenings eating dinner on the deck, citronella candles lighting everything.

No comments: