Wednesday, June 21, 2006

commintment phobia?


Last night, I walked from 40th and b'way to 30th and 3rd.

Ten blocks south and 4 avenues east.

I realized that for me, New York is crammed with memories.

Old jobs, bad dates, drunken happy hours.

I realized … from 2000 till 2005 ...I worked for three different companies, in four different offices.

Went on three blind dates and one (gasp) match.com date.

Had two "relationships."

Had numerous undefined quasi-dating somethings.

Collected unemployment two different summers.

Lived in two apartments.

Drank in thousands of bars, ate in hundreds (thousands?) of restaurants.

Kissed …how many boys?

Made a priceless number of friends

The only consistent thing in my life has been my cell phone number.

Is that circumstance? Or my commitment phobia that the only thing consistent in my life is something that is wireless and mobile?

No comments: