Thursday, January 04, 2007

Good Bye to 2006 ~ onward for a new year

2006 ~ it was the best of times it was a the worst of times.

a friend recently, when talking about a year he spent abroad during undergrad, commented that it was a great year and he could live it over and over again ~ groundhog day style. Which gave me pause, because, a whole year? I thought back over my life ... my, well, a few decades on this earth. And I can think of days, weeks, even months that I would love to go back to hang out and re-experience. But a whole year? Only if I could cut out certain months, weeks, days even moments.

This was a year that had some beautiful, blissful days ...and exceptionally crappy ones. I made a list of the great things and the bad things of 2006. It was, for every good thing there was a bad thing. It seems to me that my whole life is a balance of good and bad. The good things are always paid for by some pretty crappy things.

A friend in college, when going through a bad time would always say to herself, "Equal pleasure, equal pain" as a comforting mantra to get herself through it. I'm not sure that's so comforting. But, in looking back over the past year ...I would say there was some real crap.

But, some good...and some really great stuff too.

and so ... on to a new year.

2007, bring it on..

No comments: