Thursday, February 09, 2006

Brilliant

The above was created by a fellow writer MFA'er and Wine Nighter ( and Blogger)
She is a talented writer, a sassy dancer, and apparently an accomplished etch-a-sketcher. She's also one of my few writing school friends that is close to my age.

I have said many times that what I believe is wrong with my generation is that we grew up with the sit and spin and the etch a sketch as toys. Spin around till you get dizzy and vomit, or make stairs. No wonder we spent more time in front of the TV watching Sesame Street and Land of the Lost. It was more entertaining than our toys.

I can make stairs. and modern art looking square designs.

Another Writing MFA'er/Wine Nighter draws robots as well as writes kick ass prose on her blog.

what can I do?

I can not draw.
I can not sing.
I can not cook - not really.

I can throw good parties.
I can make people laugh (although sometimes unintentionally)
I can wrap gifts pretty.
I can write out invitations/envelopes/cards pretty.
I give good gift.

I write stories that people have claimed to like reading.

I can interview someone for a job. (since that IS my job)
I've recently discovered that I can make same pretty tasty Hot Wassail.

I can not spell.
I had to double check the spelling of brilliant.
I spelled it wrong the first time.

I can laugh at myself.

2 comments:

bezdomnik said...

you made me blush.

it's probably a good thing that i don't have an etch-a-sketch at home or i'd never get anything done. ever.

but i don't think that's a problem with our generation? sit-n-spin... perfect joy, make yourself sick, twirl, push your sister off, self-manuevor, etc.

p.s. who needs to spell things correctly anyways... that's what spellcheckers are for!

Anonymous said...

You can be (and are) awesome every day. All day.