Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I saw my shadow (and I wept)

Randomness to follow (mostly thoughts from the past couple weeks):

  • I love Obama. We know that I love Obama. I'm all about slurping up the Kool Aid. And I was pretty damn happy about all of his nominations. And then like dominoes, they keep falling. Weird, right, that Hillary seems to be the least controversial. Even with her husband cozing up to all those foreign nationals?
  • Apparently, Daschle and Geithner are on board with tax increases for the wealthy, because well, they just don't pay all their taxes.
  • And the pen, it appears, is pretty mighty. Or at least the editorial is.
  • The City is the worst show. Ever. And yet I'm watching it. There's all kinds of fabricated drama, I mean real drama, and yet it still feels slow. But it's quotes like this that keep me coming back "You know you can trust me baby." I forgot that guys actually say things like that. Oh and I love that Olivia Palermo is so stereotypically bitchy and snotty. These people have no soul. And I love it.
  • Blago-crazy - why isn't his PR firm writing his speeches? His rambling, pointless, emotionally, whiny plea to the Senate was, well, rambling, pointless and whiny. Did I mention pointless? And then the press conference in front of his house, that awkwardly wouldn't end. And he walked into the crowd and told some kid he would play ball with him sometime, and then continued to reiterate the fluff that he had already said. He's beginning to be like Starbucks. Enough already. You're on every corner and we're sick of you.
  • Karaoke in South Haven, MI is serious stuff. They should do an American Idol audition there. There is a man named Bob, who has his name on his shirt, and man named Charles who sings Ray Charles, and young guy who looks a little Kevin Federlineish who sings love ballads and never cracks a smile. It's serious stuff..
  • Damages is so great, Blair even referenced it on Gossip Girl. I'm so addicted I have to watch it at 9 and again at 10 to see if I missed anything. And I love that the main character is a tough bad ass girl who is smart, smart, smart.
  • My apartment needs a steam cleaning from ceiling to floor. It looks like an agoraphobic had a break down there. Or, I didn't leave my apartment and didn't clean up after myself for like a week.
  • I think my cat should pitch in and help me clean. Maybe scoop her own litter or wash a dish once in awhile. I think a lack of opposable thumbs is a poor excuse.
  • I love chicago. I hate Chicago. This winter sucks. I have a hit out on Punxsutawney Phil.

No comments: