Friday, January 02, 2009

cryptic notes

As a writer (and in particular as someone with ADD), I do not always have a pen handy when I have an idea, so I have gotten into the habit of saving text drafts of ideas. But frequently I forget what I was making notes about. Following are some notes I made about story/essay/blog entry ideas:

  • Olive (no idea. Seriously, not one clue)
  • What would be innocuous? (again, who knows?)
  • Signs on Greenlawn (Greenlawn Dr was the street of my childhood home. But I don't know what I wanted to write about the signs)
  • An ordinary day (this one I do remember. How seemingly out of nowhere your perception of something changes.)
  • The backend of peoples homes (This is referring to the view from the el, but when I started writing I kept thinking of Denis Johnsons Dirty Wedding and nothing I wrote could compare)
  • Gaf (Irish slang for home. Not sure what I wanted to say. But I like the word)
  • Winners: Hairbrush and shoes (this one puzzled me for quite a long time until I realized it was referring to the bizarreness of our news that week..the Hairbrush was Blago's and the shoes were the ones tossed at W)

No comments: