Monday, December 08, 2008

You can teach an old dog new tricks (at least this old dog)


Friday night, once again I got all fancy with makeup and high heels. The heels were ridiculously high and a size too big. Gel inserts and socks didn't make up for the extra room. The slush on sidewalks didn't help either. This blogger could only take tiny steps, slowly. Now, you might be curious, why would someone buy shoes that are a size too big? Some of you are already guessing the answer. Because they were on sale. And cute. And Tahari. And yes, they are uncomfortable, too big and awkward to teeter around in. But I still love them.

I came into some unexpected money, which since I'm unemployed went to bills. But I haven't been able to shop in, I don't know, several months, I decided to treat myself to one frivolous purchase. I found myself holding a shoe that was cute, high heeled, a size too big and on sale. But I put it down. The occasional uncomfortable impracticale shoe is one thing. But I'm attempting not to stock a closet full of them. At least not until I get a real paycheck.

No comments: