Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wish You Happy Every Day


In my 'day job' I interview prospective candidates for my company's office in Beijing. The majority of my candidates are university students or are only a few years out of school. In the past I have recruited for higher level positions, and while there is a certain challenge to finding the right match for a manager or executive level position that I do enjoy, I've discovered that my heart really lies in helping out recent grads. Their enthusiasm and gratitude is genuine, and I love to check in on them periodically through out their career. I've found that my Chinese candidates are especially eager and grateful. I can say without prejudice that I work for one of the best companies in the world. Alright, truthfully, maybe I'm not THAT objective, but it is a great company. My point is, my Chinese candidates are all very excited about interviewing for my company, and I am touched by their excitement.

This is an example of the sweetness from some of my candidates, the following line is from an email from someone I interviewed earlier this week:

"Chinese Spring Festival is coming. Wish you happy everyday."


The Chinese New Year, or Spring Festival is China's most important holiday.

Part of how they celebrate, or prepare for the new year is to clean house. I think that tonight I will prepare for the New Year, and do just that.

We are entering the year of the Dog, and leaving behind us the year of the horse. So to you I say, Happy New Year, and I wish YOU happy every day!

1 comment:

bezdomnik said...

heya, i found yer blog. mwa ha ha. when you want me to link it into my SAIC section, just let me know. until then, thanks for the words, and happy every day.